The Collections feature will allow administrators to group users and apply specific policies, schedules, and block pages to users within a collection on a granular level. Reports and query logs can also be filtered on a per-collection basis, to enable more detailed reporting and troubleshooting.
Note: Preview Feature
The Collections feature is currently a preview feature and at this time is only available for Windows Roaming Clients. Reporting features are also currently limited. Please check back often as we enhance this feature.
- Roaming Client should be installed on the device.
- Device has communicated with the DNSFilter Dashboard at least once after the user has logged in.
To place users into a collection, you must first create a collection and add organization users to the collection.
- Navigate to Deployments Collections.
- Click the New Collection button.
- Provide a Name and optional Description for the new collection and click the Add Collection button.
- On the next page, choose which users or groups of users that you wish to add to the collection.
- Click the Update Collection button to save your changes.
- You will be returned to the list of Collections where you may apply a specific policy and/or block page to your new collection.
If no Policy/Schedule or Block Page is selected, the collection will inherit the settings from the Roaming Client policy.
Each Collection has a priority. The priority can be changed by using the drag-and-drop icon on the far left of each Collection. If a user belongs to multiple collections, the Policy and Block Page applied will be that of the collection with the highest priority.
Sync Users to DNSFilter
Users are automatically populated on the DNSFilter Dashboard when a user logs into a computer with the Roaming Client installed.
You may also sync users to the DNSFilter Dashboard from various user directories by using our Sync Tool. This allows you to pre-stage your users and apply policies to them before they login to a computer where the Roaming Client is installed.
Updated 5 months ago